Saturday, 6 August 2016

Lessons I Have Learned During Sixth Form


Apologies for the while since I blogged last, life has been a little hectic. But today I am back with a post collaboration with the wonderful Girl On The Bench. We've decided to do a video along with a blog post discussing the things we have learned at school. So without further a do, here are a few of the things that I have learned during my time at sixth form.

1. Don't be afraid to be who you are. You don't always have to follow the crowd. This was a struggle for me as I have always wanted to fit in but over my time at sixth form I have ended up in a very happy place due to being myself. It has also given me a handful of amazing people who support my choices.

2. Follow the path that you like and do the things you love. I felt especially at sixth there was a pressure to go to university even if you didn't want to. At first this felt very daunting and made me get a little lost with what I wanted with my future. But luckily I managed to find a course that wasn't due to pressure but was something that I felt passionate about in an environment I love. At the end of the day your life is yours no one else's.

3. You never stop learning. It sounds cheesy but the saying is true. You do always learn something new everyday.

4. You're not going to always get along with everyone - that's okay. Not everyone is supposed to like you and your not supposed to like everyone else, it's human nature. So don't pressure yourself to be around people you don't like or don't respect you.

5. You're never too independent to ask for a little help. I have definitely become a lot more independent since starting sixth form for a range of reasons. But you have to understand that you're not always going to be able to do everything so never feel afraid to ask for a little help now and again. Even if that's financially or a good catch up with a good friend.

Now that I've left sixth form and have been able to reflect on my time I have definitely realised that it was a big journey which has taught me so much about myself. I have also gained some amazing friendships over the time and with my social life I have definitely learned a lot outside of the sixth form environment.

N x

No comments:

Post a Comment