Thursday, 17 March 2016

Saying Goodbye to Another Year


For those of you who don't know, it has recently been my birthday, which means I am one year older in the world of adulthood. The more I think about this, the more daunting it becomes. Instead of doing a post about what I got for my birthday, I've decided to talk to you a bit about what the past year of my life has been like. As it hasn't been the best year of my life but it has definitely been one that I have learnt many lessons and have had many different experiences. All the things from the past year has helped me to become who I am today (as cheesy as that sounds).



In the past year of my life I went to many different festivals, concerts and gigs with friends and shared many memories. By spending time with new people and going to different places I have developed more confidence, I'm still fairly shy but I'm much more happier to go to new places alone. I find a strange sense of being at peace with oneself and can think about things more clearly whilst travelling, whether that's a short bus journey or a three hour train journey, I feel a sense of solitude. In the previous year of my life I never thought I could ever say that, but now travelling has become a big passion of mine, along with other hobbies such as driving, horse riding, art and writing.



This past year I have also developed a close relationship with certain friends and most importantly my family, which is something I cherish deeply. I have learnt how empowering it can be to surround yourself with the right people who bring out the best in you. It is surprising but the less friends you have can sometimes be better in the long run. Also I have found that some friends you don't always have to speak to all of the time, but now again they can still be more loyal than someone you speak to everyday as they tend to cherish your friendship more. 


The next year of my life is going to be fairly difficult but it's also going to be exciting with lots of new experiences. Hopefully this year I will move out and look into purchasing a big new thing that will give me a lot more independence and freedom. I still hope to continue doing a few things that I am currently doing for example continue volunteering at a few of the places I already do and continue surrounding myself with lots of beautiful and extraordinary people. 

Nikkita x

No comments:

Post a Comment