Thursday, 3 December 2015

Christmas Movies


There’s nothing better than spending an evening at home snuggled up nice and warm with a hot chocolate (or a hot beverage or your choice) watching Christmas movies. I know what some of you may be thinking… Christmas movies already, it’s only the second of December. But with so many Christmas movies out there to watch, you've got to start somewhere.

A good old classic Christmas movie is “Home Alone” I can remember when I was younger on the Sunday’s leading up to the big day, and how I would sit with my family watching this classic. However when I was younger I did used to get a little scared of the two men that come after him. But as I got older I used to think how cool he was to cope with all the things that they do, and how amazing his traps were and how I wanted to make traps just like them.

The second film is a more grown up film which is “Love Actually” I haven’t watched this film in a few years. But I know I definitely will be this year, as I managed to pick a copy of it up the other day. This film again is a classic, with so many stories combined into one it will leave you at the edge of your seat and feeling very festive.

The last but certainly not least has got to be “Made in Manhattan” this is definitely near the top of my list for Christmas movies. However it is more based around this time of year compared to a Christmas film. But nevertheless it is a great film a fairly old film now but still a very good romantic story, to get you feeling to love at Christmas.

Another film I watch every year without fail is “Elf”. I truly and deeply love this film. I love the quirkiness and just how it is all put together. I doubt you haven’t seen it but just in case, it is a story about an “elf” who doesn't quite know how to live in the real world, goes on a journey to find his Dad. It’s so simple but so festive at the same time.

The last on my list is a film that gets to me every time, it makes me sad and happy all at the same time. It is “Grinch” I can remember when I saw it for the first time when I was around my friend’s house when I was little and I was amazed at the city they lived in and how festive it was. It is always a film that gets me feeling festive.

Nikkita x

No comments:

Post a Comment