Sunday, 5 July 2015

Weight?


Again today is going to be another long post. So make sure you grab your hot beverage and prepare to read... Recently I have been looking at multiple pictures and some friends who all are very petite with the "ideal" figure. Obviously when comparing yourself to other people it tends to get you down as well. I did a post on not comparing yourself to others recently and to be honest it's a lot easier to say then do. I have been doing it so much definitely when it comes to my weight. I'm definitely no size 0, I would say I'm a fairly healthy weight but when I look at others this tends to float away into a world of dreams. So you're probably saying that's normal isn't it? Which yes it is, if you haven't had a thought of how your body could be better in the past year. You my dear are an amazingly unique person. But the fact is we all have these thoughts some on a day to day basis and others on a weekly basis. We've all had the thought at least once in our lives. 

The reason I'm talking about this now is because of today. It was extremely hot and there was no way I was going to keep my jeans on so I threw on a pair of anchor shorts to go with my pink socks and white vest top. Then my Dad asked me whether I wanted to go to KFC and how could I resist. I grabbed the closest shoes to me (which were my Docs) and walked out the door. On my way I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and came to the realisation that I was probably wearing the most unique and bizarre outfit that I have ever seen. But because it was so hot I couldn't care less and continued walking out the door. I went into KFC and everything was fine until I was on my way out and these two teenage girls looked at my thighs. It hit me that these girls were a lot more petite compared to me. It did hurt my feelings to the extent that I talked to my Dad about it on the way home. When I walked back in the door I looked in the mirror, I didn't look like those girls and by far  I didn't have a thigh gap. But the truth is I will probably never have a thigh gap or look as petite as any of those girls as I naturally have a bigger build. I'm healthy and happy which is all that really matters. 

I thought I'd inform you on this event today as I want you to know that if you are having a fat day or your motive in life is pretty low today... you're beautiful. Yes you! Despite your size, height and whether you have the ideal body or not. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Never doubt yourself. You are a human being and you are unique. There is not one other person in the world who is like you. So instead of trying to cover yourself up... Embrace your beauty, curves or no curves. Life is to short to dream about the ideal body. So live for today and embrace your natural beauty. 

Nikkita x 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is defo what I needed to hear today. Exactly the uplifting positivity that we should all try to encourage! Thank you! x

    rosegoldstars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, no worries. I'm glad this post was beneficial to you. I do agree that we should be making people realise how beautiful they are instead of pointing out their flaws. x

      Delete